Monday, November 7, 2011

NEW TESTAMENT

1st Corinthians 7-10

Paul talks about marriage.  He probably was married and a widower, because Paul was a Pharisee he would've been married due to the strict Jewish law.

BOOK OF MORMON

Helaman 4

54th year was full of bloodshed.  Rebels moved in with the Lamanites.
56th year more Nephites went to Lamanites to try to start a war.
57th year they did it.
58th year the Lamanites were successful in getting Zarahemla and the Nephites were driven back to Bountiful.
60th year the Nephites fought back and regained many cities.
61st year they gained back 1/2 of their lands.
This all happened because the Nephites were wicked.
Moroniah, Nephi and Lehi set out doing missionary work and the Nephites started to repent.  That's how they got their 1/2 back.

ENSIGN

August 2011 'No better time to serve'

Couple missionaries go forward with faith to serve

CONFERENCE TALK

Saturday morning 'As we meet again'  President Monson

48 years he's been an apostle.  October 1963 he was called by David O McKay.
There's a new temple being built in the old Provo tabernacle that burned down.  It'll be Provo's second temple to accommodate all the people.
We have a General Temple Patron Assistance Fund to help people go once, who  can't afford it, to the Temple.
I think this is awesome.  I think it's great that we who are rich can help the poorer to get to the Temple at least once so they can be sealed and so forth.
I think it's great that a programme like this has been put fourth so those of us with much can help those with not as much.

DAUGHTERS OF OUR KINGDOM

Chapter 9

There is an art to being a homemaker.  We need to maintain cleanliness and order in our homes.
Mother should create a climate for spiritual and temporal growth in their homes.
Another word for nurturing is homemaking.
Cooking, washing, keeping order.
Home is where woman have the most power and influence; therefore, LDS women should be the best homemakers in the world.
So far I love this chapter.  I think it's great for me to be reading things like this.  So many people think being a homemaker isn't enough yet I know that to Heavenly Father it's the most important.  It's my job to be the protector and the right influence on the home.  I love that this is my job.  Sure it's a lot to have on my shoulders, yet it gives me a sense of pride and purpose to be doing this for my family.  It makes me feel like I'm just as important in this family as anyone else.  That my role has everything to do with how the family does as well as Dru's side of it.  I really feel blessed that Dru supports me in being home with the kids.  He loves me being at home as much as I do.
I appreciate that.
I like that I know my place and I love my place.

No comments:

Post a Comment