Saturday, November 12, 2011

NEW TESTAMENT

1st Corinthians 15 &16

15:22 ..........in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
I love this simple scripture.
15:40-42 These scriptures talk about Celestial, Terrestial and Telestial bodies and kingdoms.

BOOK OF MORMON

Helaman 7

69th year Nephi returns to Zarahemla to preach.  He was rejected and returns home.
Nephi cried in sorrow on a tower in his garden to the Lord about how upset he was.
People saw him.  Nephi then proceeds to rip into the multitude about how wicked they are and that they'll have everything taken from them if they don't repent.

ENSIGN

August 2011 'Islands of Fire and Faith:  The Galapagos'

These people show faith as they find each other and serve the Lord.


OCTOBER CONFERENCE 2011


'The time shall come'  by Elder L Whitney Clayton

There are nearly 3,000 stakes.  Almost 29,000 wards and branches.
The gospel is rolling forth, unstoppable in the world.

DAUGHTERS IN MY KINGDOM


Chapter 10

Relief Society is about service.  Receiving and giving.
When Dad died the Relief Society sisters came and did everything for us.  They cleaned, collected mail, bought food over.  They took care of everything so all we had to do was mourn.  I need to remember this and make sure I give this kind of service when I'm called.
You are called by the voice of the prophet of God to do it, to be uppermost to be the greatest and the best, the purest and the most devoted to the right.
This is the end of the book.
I LOVED it.
Every woman should read this.
It enlightened my soul.
I'll be reading it every year I think as part of my studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment